You work at a construction site that puts the safety of your feet at risk. Don’t worry anymore! You can get the most comfortable metatarsal boots, which will ensure the security of your feet throughout the long working hours. After all, the quality of your footwear reflects directly on your performance at work.
We are aware that for some hazardous jobs, it is of crucial importance to ensure that you are well protected. If you want to prevent your feet from any injuries, we would advise you to read our reviews on the most comfortable metatarsal boots. They will help you compare and contrast the top products and thus choose the shoes that will meet your needs and requirements. You can also see our buying guide and understand the essential characteristics of metatarsal boots. Read along and make the top choice of footwear!
Most Comfortable Metatarsal Boots Comparison Chart
KEEN Utility MET Work Boots
|View On Amazon|
Timberland PRO Waterproof Non-Insulated Work Boot
|View On Amazon|
Timberland PRO Steel-Toe Boot
|View On Amazon|
Iron Age Work Boot
|View On Amazon|
ARIAT Men’s Work Boot
|View On Amazon|
Dr. Martens MET Guard Heavy Industry Boots
|View On Amazon|
The Most Comfortable Metatarsal Boots Reviews (Newest Models)
1. KEEN Utility MET Work Boots
Being concerned about your safety, KEEN Utility has designed these MET work boots. Their metatarsal guard makes them very resistant. Moreover, they are protected from heat, abrasion, or sparks. In addition to this, their outer soles are oil and slip-resistant, and thus they meet the ATSM standards.
Another thing which is very important for work boots is comfort, and we can dare say that KEEN Utility has taken good care of it. First of all, there is enough space for your toes in the toe box made of steel, composite, and aluminum. Then, the toe box’s design allows it to get automatically corrected so that you can feel maximum comfort. Having said this, there is no surprise that these boots are ASTM certified.
What else apart from safety and comfort is essential for work boots? Of course, it is the ability to keep your feet dry. These products are waterproof, which means that they won’t let any drops of water in. Besides, their membrane is breathable, which allows any vapor to go out.
- You can stop worrying that you can hurt your feet if you drop anything on them, as the metatarsal guard of these boots will protect you.
- These shoes feature a huge toe box.
- The toe box is asymmetrical, which adds to the safety of the shoes.
- Your feet can finally ‘breathe’ inside the boots without getting wet.
- Unfortunately, the largest available size is 15 wide. So if you have bigger feet, you won’t enjoy the pleasure of wearing these.
- These boots are not heat rated.
2. Timberland PRO Waterproof Non-Insulated Work Boot
Do you think your work shoes can release fatigue? Timberland PRO boots are here to prove this and provide you with comfort and energy all day long. This result is achieved thanks to a special shock-absorbing technology which makes energy to go back to your feet. Imagine not being tired at the end of a long working day!
These Timberland products are not only comfortable but also durable. The boots are made of leather, and they are also supported by Ever-Guard leather, which ensures they are waterproof. Moreover, the toes of the shoes are protected from abrasion thanks to the molded rubber they are covered with.
The good news is that the chances of you slipping down while working are minimal, as the outsoles of these shoes have very deep lugs to ensure slip and oil resistance and traction control.
- Thanks to their anti-fatigue technology, these boots provide maximum comfort.
- The lugs on the outsole make sure that you won’t slip and fall during the working process.
- Your feet stay protected from any dirt or rocks with the help of the tongue of the shoes.
- Ever-Guard leather and molded rubber make these shoes waterproof and durable.
- These boots are non-insulated, which means that your feet may get cold in the winter if you work outside.
- You may find it unpleasant that the boots produce some squeaking sounds, especially on polished floors.
3. Timberland PRO Steel-Toe Boot
The thing that makes these Timberland boots unique is the MET Guard flap, which covers the lace front. Apart from adding style to the design of the shoes, this flap also serves to further shield your feet from getting wet. Moreover, the boots are made of Ever-Guard waterproof leather, so you can be absolutely sure that your feet will stay safe and dry.
To protect your ankle from getting strained, Timberland has made these boots mid-cut. The durability of the shoes is ensured by a Goodyear welt, and Kevlar threads. It may seem needless to say that the outsole is oil and slip-resistant. However, these are essential requirements when it comes to meeting ASTM standards. Of course, these Timberland products pride in having an ASTM certificate.
You probably wonder if these shoes will be comfortable enough to wear all day long. Worry no more – the PU footbed of the boots is equipped with additional cushioning to provide comfort.
- These boots are mid-cut which means that they will do a good job of protecting your ankles.
- Your feet will be comfortable on the PU footbed with its extra cushioning.
- These boots have all the features necessary to meet ASTM standards.
- A MET Guard flap protects the Kevlar threads and your feet from getting wet.
- These boots are not equipped with a puncture-resistant sole.
- Being well-armored to protect your feet makes the shoes a bit heavy, making your feet tired at the end of the working day.
4. Iron Age Work Boot
One of the many reasons that make these boots stand among the top products at the market is that they come at a considerably low price. Don’t think that the cost compensates for a cheap quality! On the contrary, these shoes are very durable and last for a long time. Their longevity is ensured by aramid stitching, a Goodyear welt, and 100 % leather material.
Apart from being durable, these boots also provide the necessary safety features. First of all, their outsole has deep lugs, which makes the shoe slip-resistant and ensures their traction control on a range of different surfaces. Then, unlike other similar products, these are heat resistant, so you can wear them if you work near the fire. In addition to this, the boots have external MET guards that protect your feet in case a heavy object falls on your shoes.
Iron Age hasn’t neglected your comfort – the boots feature a removable EVA footbed that offers cushion and support. Moreover, the rubber heel is shock absorbent because of its spongey structure.
- A definite advantage of these boots is their reasonable price.
- You can be sure that these shoes will last for a long time as they are made of leather and are equipped with aramid stitching and a Goodyear welt.
- Your feet will feel comfortable in EVA footbeds.
- External MET guards further protect your feet from heavy objects.
- It is not advisable to wear these boots in heavy rain as they are not waterproof.
5. ARIAT Men’s Work Boot
If you like high boots, you may be interested in these ARIAT work boots. Being high, these shoes are not only stylish, but they also protect your ankle and calf. Your feet are also safe, thanks to the round toes of the boots. Don’t hesitate to wear these shoes if your work involves walking on slippery or oily surfaces, as the outsoles of these products are oil and slip-resistant.
A comfortable insole makes sure that your feet feel well cared for. Thanks to the higher rebound of the insole, you will feel less tired at the end of the day. Another benefit of these boots is that they feature a breathable mesh lining so your feet won’t get sweaty.
You can be sure that these boots are durable and will last long as they have a two-row stitch pattern, which guarantees that they won’t tear apart easily.
- Your foot, ankle, and calf stay protected thanks to the height of these boots.
- Allow your feet to feel relaxed after your working day – this is possible due to the insole’s rebounding mechanism.
- Double stitching ensures the durability of these ARIAT shoes.
- The round toes of the boots offer extra protection.
- The sizing of these boots seems to be off, so it is recommended to visit a local store selling them and try them on before you make the online purchase.
6. Dr. Martens MET Guard Heavy Industry Boots
The most impressive feature of these Dr. Martens boots is that they are insulated so that they can protect your feet if you have an unexpected contact with an electrical charge. So these shoes are suitable for mechanics, electricians, and other heavy-duty workers. Dr. Martens are famous for their classic PVC sole, which is resistant to alkali, petrol, and oil. The sole is also anti-slip which minimizes the chances of accidents at the worksite.
Thanks to their leather uppers, you can wear these products in heavy rain as they are waterproof. The safety of your feet is additionally ensured by a steel metatarsal guard and a steel toe cap. Another advantage of these boots is that the shoelaces are covered with the metatarsal guard, so the risk of burning is a minor one. A downside of these products is that the sole is not punctured resistant.
- Thanks to the rubber non-conductive sole, these boots protect you in case your work involves getting in contact with electricity.
- In case a heavy object falls on your shoes, they will withstand as they feature steel protection from the toe to top.
- The MET guard is well-padded and well-stitched and protects the laces from getting burnt.
- Your feet won’t be that exhausted at the end of the day because of the air-cushioned sole.
- A disadvantage of the boots is that the sole is not resistant to puncture, so you should be careful not to step on any nails or similar items.
When Is Metatarsal Protection Required?
The fact that you are reading our guide means that you are aware of what metatarsal boots are. However, it is also essential to know when metatarsal protection is required. In this part of our article, we are going to give you an answer to this question.
- The phrase metatarsal protection is related to the metatarsal bones. These are the long thin bones, situated in the middle of the foot. Whenever one of these gets broken, we talk about a metatarsal fracture. The most common reason for such injuries is a heavy object being dropped on your foot.
- You should know that the tarsal bones can be very easily broken, and once this occurs, it may take you months to recover. It is needless to say that the pain and swelling of your foot will make it impossible for you to work during the healing process.
- Keeping in mind the already-mentioned fact that the metatarsal bones are located in the middle of your feet, it is clear that steel toe shoes cannot protect them. As their name suggests, these shoes shield only your toes. So, according to the legislation, special metatarsal shoes should be worn when there is a high risk of crushing injuries to your feet.
- Considering this requirement, we can conclude that if your job involves rolling or lifting heavy objects, you should wear metatarsal shoes. Other things to take into account are if the object is sharp, if it is awkward to hold and move, and if it is slippery.
- According to the legislation of most countries, a substantial risk of foot injuries occurs when there is a potential for a 30-pound weight to be dropped on one’s foot. If we talk about rolling an object, metatarsal protection would be required if it weighs 50 pounds.
- Caring about the safety of your feet, the shoe manufacturers nowadays produce a variety of CSA certified boots with internal metatarsal protection. If the shoes you are considering buying have a black or dark grey rectangle indicating the letter M, they have a metatarsal guard.
- Apart from shielding your feet from heavy objects, metatarsal guards also protect them from falling embers and molten metal. This fact makes them ideal for welders. The legislations of a few countries require outer metatarsal guards. However, they pose a risk of tripping as they can catch on to each other when you walk.
No matter if your work involves working with fire, chemicals, oil, or heavy tools or you are just a fan of hunting, you still need to keep your feet protected. Visit our homepage to find the right pair of boots and thus achieve top results at your work. Our reviews will reveal a range of designs that vary depending on the nature of your job.
Thanks to our buying guides, you will learn a lot of valuable tips on how to choose the most comfortable work boots and how to take care of them so that you can extend their longevity. So if you want the right balance between quality, comfort, and price, you are more than welcome to browse through our pages.
What Is the Difference Between Steel Toe Boots and Metatarsal Boots?
You already know when metatarsal protection is required. However, when you start researching safety shoes, you will often see that some are also steel toe ones. We found it our duty to clarify the difference between steel toe boots and metatarsal boots is.
Read this part of our guide to understand exactly what type of shoes you need for your workplace.
If you look at metatarsal and steel toe boots and you are not a shoe expert, you will probably find it difficult to distinguish the differences between them. However, they do exist, and if you want to make the right choice, you should get familiar with them.
- External metatarsal guards – if your shoe has external metatarsal protection, you will quickly notice it as it covers the areas with the shoelaces. Some workers avoid these types of boots because they pose a risk of a tripping hazard.
- When do we need steel toes – in most working environments where there is a risk of objects rolling over your feet, you need to wear shoes with steel toes. As you can judge by their name, these shoes protect your toes, but they do not shield the top part of your feet.
- When do we need metatarsal shoes – if you work somewhere where there is a hazard of heavy, pointed or sharp objects falling on the middle part of your feet, you should also make sure that your shoes have metatarsal guards. Most employees prefer boots with internal protection, as those with external shielding are too uncomfortable and heavy.
You probably ask yourself if metatarsal boots with internal protection are comfortable. The answer is that manufacturers have been continuously improving them, so they have become more comfortable recently.
To sum it up, most of the safety shoes have steel toes as it is essential to protect the toes. Some work boots require metatarsal protection, which shields the upper part of your foot. Whether you need only steel toes or metatarsal guards, it depends on the specifics of your job and the risks of falling heavy and sharp objects. You should also consider whether you need external or internal metatarsal protection.
We hope that we managed to make clear what the difference between these two types of shoes is. If you are interested in finding out more information about steel toe boots and their specs, read our reviews. They will give you some more light on the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of safety shoes. The security of your feet is just a click away from you!
How to Clean My Work Boots?
If you have already decided to get metatarsal shoes, you should be aware of how to clean your work boots
Below, we are going to give you some tips that will help you keep your metatarsal boots in good condition so that you can extend their life span.
- First, you need to gather the necessary tools for cleaning your shoes – a 100% horsehair brush, a lemon scrub brush, and a heavy-duty leather protector.
- Don’t leave your shoes unprotected to the elements.
- The first thing you need to do when you start cleaning your shoes is to take out the laces and check if they are in good condition. If they don’t look fine, then you should get rid of them and buy new ones.
- Then get the dirt off the shoes using the lemon scrub brush. Fold open the eyelets because they gather a lot of sawdust, wood chips, and dust. Brush thoroughly the whole boot, especially the tongue, as it appears to be the dirtiest part.
- Wipe the boots with wet wipes or paper towels with water. You can also use a dish detergent if the shoes are too dirty.
- The next step is to use the heavy-duty leather protector and waterproof your shoes. Thus you will have the most comfortable waterproof metatarsal boots. Go carefully around the eyelets and over all seams. Allow some time for the protector to soak in.
- Brush the boots off using the horsehair brush as if you are shining them. This process will help the heavy-duty leather protector to go down into the grain leather.
So if you take the right steps to take good care of your shoes, they will be viable, and you will achieve better results.
You already know how to clean your work boots, and doing so, you will undoubtedly extend their life span. If you are a hunter and want to know more about how to clean your hunting boots, read our buying guide. Remember that if you take good care of your shoes, you are more likely to enjoy the hunting experience without worrying about the extreme weather conditions.
If your work environment hides risks of heavy or sharp objects falling on your feet, you are lucky to read this article. Here you have the chance to find the most comfortable metatarsal boots. We are sure that you are aware of the unpleasant consequences of neglecting your equipment. So you probably are ready to do thorough research on the topic and find the right product for you.
However, we have decided to help you out with this process. You don’t have to spend long hours researching. The only thing you need to do is to read our reviews on the most comfortable metatarsal boots. In them, you will find all the necessary information to make the right choice. In addition to this, you are more than welcome to check out our homepage and read about other types of work and hunting boots. Thanks for reading, and as always – stay put!